James 1:27

"Pure and genuine religion in the sight of God the Father
means caring for orphans and widows in their distress and
refusing to let the world corrupt you."
James 1:27

Monday, January 23, 2012

Just a few more documents...

When I have been asked how is the adoption process going, I think about all the paperwork that has been completed versus the documents that we are still waiting on.  As of today, we are waiting for our doctor appointments for Scott and I.  We need to have physicals and blood drawn for a few tests.  That will be Wednesday morning.  We need to have one more meeting for our Home Study (paperwork for the US), finish the last 3 of 5 online training courses, and wait for our state child abuse clearance forms.  Not bad for being given a list of 32 items exactly 2 weeks ago today!  I could take all the credit but I have to spread it around.  :-)  I do have this innate gift for filling out paperwork and finishing to-do lists, but Scott has also been very flexible with his schedule.  I gave him a list of things needing signatures, questionnaires to be filled out, documents from his work, etc and he gets it done by the due date on the list!   But, above all else, the credit really belongs to God.  It's true.  How else could that list of 32 items be completed in such a quick time frame? God can move mountains.  Well, I'm going to say that this first pile of paperwork will be considered hills because the road ahead has a lot more in store for us.  After the Home Study has been completed, I have 3 things left for the dossier (paperwork for Latvia) and then that is done as well! Very cool!  God is definitely blessing us.  I'm excited to see how this all plays out.

No comments:

Post a Comment