James 1:27

"Pure and genuine religion in the sight of God the Father
means caring for orphans and widows in their distress and
refusing to let the world corrupt you."
James 1:27

Friday, January 27, 2012

He said "Yes!"

I was driving two of my kids to school when Andris sent me a message saying that he misses me and that he keeps praying to God that he will be adopted.  He had a dream that God told him he would come live to with me in America but when he woke up, he was still there.  He's very sad.  :(   I couldn't stand it.  I had to reply that we want him with us and that I would call him in 2 hours.  Then I looked up from the phone and saw a rainbow in the sky.  God's Promise.  I had tears in my eyes and knew that I would connect with him today.  Two hours later, Scott and I said a prayer before calling Andris and then we picked up the phone.  A lady answered, I asked for Andris, she said something in Latvian (I think). I asked if she spoke English, then a fax machine started beeping.  She hung up.  LOL.  Here we go again.  ;-)  I called again, this time when she answered I just said Andris.  She said something then "Andris."  I said "Andris" and his last name, she put down the phone and yelled "ANDRIS!" (yelling is a universal thing, I think) then I hear a couple voices talking and then a "Hello?"  It was Andris!

I said "Andris!  It's Katie!"
Andris: Oh!  Hello! Hello!
Katie:  Andris, it's so good to hear your voice!  How are you?
Andris: How are you? (at the same time)  We both start laughing.
Scott:  It's Scott too!  We are so happy to talk to you!
Katie: Andris, we want to adopt you.  We would love to have you as part of our family and live in America with us.  What do you think?
Andris:  Oh yes, yes, yes!  (You can hear him smiling.  Scott and I are smiles from ear to ear.)

We talked a few minutes longer telling him we will keep him updated but it will be a few more months before we can come to Latvia for him.  We want to meet his friends, see his home, have him show us around.  We are all very excited.  He asked about Jack, but unfortunately, he was at school.  We told him we will talk to him soon and to have a good night.

What a great start to the day, and a great way to finish.  Thank you, Lord.  Thank you for being with us on this journey.  Thank you for giving us what we need, when we need it most.  And thank you for giving us the opportunity to give this boy a peace of mind and rest his heart.  Thank you.  Amen.

1 comment:

  1. I know the path you are embarking on very well. My 21 month old Vitaliy Moron is now a very smart, fairly well adjusted, beautiful (almost 4 yr old!) Maksim Vitaliy Peterson. It has been the craziest roller coaster I have ever been on. Things are not always easy but I wouldn't change a thing. I often say Maks is my soul mate. 2 years of heartache wondering why God seemed silent in my life has turned into the greatest blessing I could have hoped for. Your right- His timing is always perfect. Even if it doesn't always seem that way! I'm so proud of you and so happy for you. I'll check in soon, I know our situation is a little different but I'll be happy to give you any insightwe might have. You'll definitely be in our prayers! Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete